There are many concerns about the flu season this year. Amid a pandemic, these concerns are valid. There are many ways that you can disinfect and clean your home to help prevent the flu. Here are a few of our recommendations.
Cleaning to Combat Flu Season
- You should use cleaners that will help kill the virus. In 2008, The CDC had several recommendations on how to protect healthcare facilities against flu season. These suggestions can work for your home as well. The CDC recommended using cleaners with chlorine, hydrogen peroxide, detergent, iodophors (any chemical that contains iodine), and alcohol in them.
- Follow package instructions when cleaning. The instructions on cleaning packages inform you how to clean efficiently. One cleaning mistake that many people make is spraying surfaces and then wiping them down right away. It’s best to allow the cleaning solution to sit on the surface for at least a few minutes.
- Use disposable products and wash cleaning rags. Using the same cleaning rag over and over again without washing, it only spreads germs. It’s ideal to use cleaning wipes and remember to wash your cloth to be germy when you need to deep clean your home.
- Disinfect your electronics, including phones and tablets, video game controllers, remotes
- Wipe down commonly-touched surfaces such as handrails, light switches, door, microwave, oven, sink, and tub handles
- Replace shower curtains, decorative hand towels as needed, and remember to wash sheets and comforter sets every other week
Tips on How to Not Get the Flu in General
Avoid being close to others who are sick. If you are sick, try your best to stay home. Cover your mouth and nose when with a tissue if you sneeze or cough in the case that tissue is not accessible, cough or sneeze into your forearm and NOT directly into your hands or the open air. Clean your hands often. It would help if you sanitized your hands with a sanitizer with 70% alcohol in it when hand washing is not possible. However, nothing works better than washing your hands.
Besides having excellent hygiene, you should also focus on boosting your immune system. If you aren’t taking vitamins or eating healthy foods, you may want to start to keep your immune system at its best this flu season. If you need professional house cleaning services, Misty Clean has many precautionary measures in effect. Reach out to Misty Clean, Inc. today.
Call Misty Clean Today for Professional, Residential Cleaning Services!
Every home is unique, and every homeowner requires different cleaning services than the next. It’s important to hire a professional cleaning company that can customize their services to your needs, rather than paying for services you don’t need. Whether you need the master bath deep cleaned or you’re looking for the entire home to be sanitized, Misty Clean can help. If you’re ready to get your home Misty Clean, give us a call at (410) 255-4111 or visit us online. For more cleaning tips and tricks, follow us on Facebook and Pinterest.