Effective house cleaning doesn’t only mean that you know how to scrub surfaces, vacuum, and dust to perfection. It also means that you know when it’s time to throw particular items away. When you have too many unnecessary items in the home, it can cause clutter. Sometimes it’s hard to know what to throw away. You never know what things you’re going to need. Plus, some items in the home have sentimental value, but we have you covered. Here are a few things that you should discard to enhance your house cleaning.
House Cleaning : What to Discard in the Kitchen
- Plastic Silverware– The fewer dishes, the better. If you use plastic utensils often, keep them around. However, if your plastic forks, spoons, and knives sit in your kitchen for months and months, it may be time to discard them. Try storing silverware in your desk at work instead of cluttering up your home. Otherwise, if you’re not someone who eats on the go, you may not require these types of utensils.
- Condiment Packets – After you order takeout and use all the condiments you need, throw the rest away. Ketchup, mustard, and salad dressing bottles are easier to see. Most people forget about condiment packets and allow them to clutter the home.
- Old leftovers and Anything Expired – Leftovers don’t stay fresh for long. After five days, it’s safe to say that you can chuck leftover food. You don’t want to get sick or cause unpleasant odors in your refrigerator. Also, clear out any expired food in your pantry. Cereal is a prime example of what people inadvertently keep in their pantries for way too long.
- Unworn Accessories – If you’re not a fan of throwing accessories away, try having a yard sale. Otherwise, discard accessories that you know you’re never going to wear.
- Shoes and Clothes That You’ll Never Wear Again – If you haven’t worn a particular pair of shoes or sweater in five years or more, once again, have a yard sale or just put them right in the trash. People change when it comes to style preferences or weight. Either way, you should only keep the shoes and clothes around you love, wear often, and feel comfortable.
- Old Towels – Did you know that after 1-3 years, towels expire? Yes! They wear down. If you notice that your towels are deteriorating, treat yourself to new, beautiful ones.
Tired of House Cleaning? Hire Misty Clean, Inc.
If you want to feel motivated to keep the house clean, give Misty Clean, Inc. a call. We’ll leave your home fresh, spotless, and our team recognizes that we’re still in the middle of a pandemic. We keep precautionary measures at the forefront.
Call Misty Clean Today for a Professional Cleaning!
Every home is unique, and every homeowner requires different cleaning services than the next. It’s important to hire a professional cleaning company that can customize their services to your needs, rather than paying for services you don’t need. Whether you need the master bath deep cleaned or you’re looking for the entire home to be sanitized, Misty Clean can help. If you’re ready to get your home Misty Clean, give us a call at (410) 255-4111 or visit us online. For more cleaning tips and tricks, follow us on Facebook and Pinterest.